Bicycle NSW is committed to creating a state-wide network of affiliated local Bicycle User Groups (BUG) and other recreational Cycling Groups.
This network is aimed at:
- Promoting and growing bicycle riding for recreational and transport purposes
- Creating a better environment for all bicycle riders across NSW
- Promoting Bicycle NSW Memberships
Some Benefits of Being a Bicycle NSW Affiliate:
- Professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurance for BNSW accredited Ride Leaders. You can read the full insurance offered here.
- Promotion of the group through Bicycle NSW newsletters, social media and website
- Discount to Bicycle NSW Membership
- Assist and support for local advocacy campaigns, activations and representations to Local and State Government
- Assistance in website or design needs
Some Return Commitments from Bicycle User Groups:
- Promote bicycle riding and encourage more people to ride a bicycle for fitness, fun, recreation, transport and social engagement
- Organise safe, enjoyable and inclusive recreational bicycle rides, and lists these on the Bicycle NSW rides calendar.
- Be an Ambassador of Bicycle NSW and to promote Bicycle NSW verbally and in writing, including online (website, social media) and in newsletters to members, including exclusive membership discount.
- Ensure all members of BUG executive are current BNSW Members.
Steps to Affiliation
The steps for Bicycle User Groups to affiliate with Bicycle NSW are outlined below: