Please read before proceeding
Cycling can be an enjoyable and exciting activity. However, like many recreational activities that require physical exertion, cycling carries with it the risk of physical injury. The risks associated with cycling include the risk that:
- you may be involved in a collision with people, animals, objects and/or vehicles;
- you may lose your balance;
- you may suffer from the effects of heat, cold, wind, rain and other weather conditions;
- you may suffer from physical exertion;
- you may become separated from the cycling group; and
- you may fall from your bicycle.
These risks may result in death, bodily injury, disability, property damage and economic loss. There are other risks to which you may be exposed. You should ensure that you wear appropriate clothing and safety equipment, including a helmet.
By participating in the cycling activities provided by the organising Bicycle NSW Affiliated Bicycle User Group, you agree:
- to obey all Australian and NSW road rules;
- that your bicycle and equipment is in good mechanical order.
- to comply with all directions given to you by Bicycle NSW employees or agents of the organising Bicycle User Group;
- to take full and sole responsibility for any person under the age of 18 years who accompanies you in these cycling activities;
- that you participate at your own risk; that the agreement for services provided to you by the organising Bicycle User Group does not include any implied or express warranty that the services of the organising Bicycle User Group will be rendered with due care and skill or that any materials provided by the organising Bicycle User Group in connection with the cycling activities will be fit for the purpose for which they are supplied;
- that the organising Bicycle User Group has no liability to you for personal injury or death arising from the services that the organising Bicycle User Group provides to you; and
to indemnify organising Bicycle User Group against any claim, loss, damage, liability, cost and expense that may be incurred or sustained by the organising Bicycle User Group in connection with any act, matter or thing done, permitted or omitted to be done by you or which was in any way connected with your involvement in the cycling activities.
An approved Australian Standards helmet is required to be worn on all rides. No helmet, no ride. No exceptions. Please ensure your bike is in good working order and bring a spare tube, a pump, tyre levers, a full water bottle and any other tools you may require. It is also recommended you bring money for food and/or fares and your mobile phone.
Children – these rides are not a child minding service. Every rider under the age of 18 must be under the direct supervision of a parent/guardian. The parent/guardian must watch and control their children for the duration of the ride. The parent/guardian agrees to take full and sole responsibility for their children’s safety. Please contact the Ride Leader in advance to discuss the suitability of a ride for your children.
Feedback can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- This event has passed.
Bicentennial Park and PVC with Yoga
November 25, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Join a medium paced 20km ride of just over 1 hour followed by a 1hr outdoor yoga session in Bicentenary Park, led by a professional instructor. Note the charge of $10 for Bike North members and $15 for non-members to cover costs. The ride starts in Bicentennial Park outside Cafe/Bike Hire. We travel via cycleway to Rhodes over to Meadowbank before joining the Parramatta River cycleway. We cross the river at the Silverwater rd bridge and then ride back through Newington to Bicentenary Park all on cyclepaths. The yoga class was specifically designed for cyclists with little to no yoga experience. It focuses on building strength and mobility to help prevent injuries, maximise efficiency and make you faster! Practised regularly, yoga has the potential to build a toned and balanced body to help meet the physical demands of cycling and achieve impressive performance gains.
Notes: This ride will finish at the Bike North Christmas party where the Yoga class will start at 11:15 sharp. The class is open to all Bike North members and is free. Note the usual $15 for non Bike North members.
Pre-registration required through the Bike North website link