Please read before proceeding
Cycling can be an enjoyable and exciting activity. However, like many recreational activities that require physical exertion, cycling carries with it the risk of physical injury. The risks associated with cycling include the risk that:
- you may be involved in a collision with people, animals, objects and/or vehicles;
- you may lose your balance;
- you may suffer from the effects of heat, cold, wind, rain and other weather conditions;
- you may suffer from physical exertion;
- you may become separated from the cycling group; and
- you may fall from your bicycle.
These risks may result in death, bodily injury, disability, property damage and economic loss. There are other risks to which you may be exposed. You should ensure that you wear appropriate clothing and safety equipment, including a helmet.
By participating in the cycling activities provided by the organising Bicycle NSW Affiliated Bicycle User Group, you agree:
- to obey all Australian and NSW road rules;
- that your bicycle and equipment is in good mechanical order.
- to comply with all directions given to you by Bicycle NSW employees or agents of the organising Bicycle User Group;
- to take full and sole responsibility for any person under the age of 18 years who accompanies you in these cycling activities;
- that you participate at your own risk; that the agreement for services provided to you by the organising Bicycle User Group does not include any implied or express warranty that the services of the organising Bicycle User Group will be rendered with due care and skill or that any materials provided by the organising Bicycle User Group in connection with the cycling activities will be fit for the purpose for which they are supplied;
- that the organising Bicycle User Group has no liability to you for personal injury or death arising from the services that the organising Bicycle User Group provides to you; and
to indemnify organising Bicycle User Group against any claim, loss, damage, liability, cost and expense that may be incurred or sustained by the organising Bicycle User Group in connection with any act, matter or thing done, permitted or omitted to be done by you or which was in any way connected with your involvement in the cycling activities.
An approved Australian Standards helmet is required to be worn on all rides. No helmet, no ride. No exceptions. Please ensure your bike is in good working order and bring a spare tube, a pump, tyre levers, a full water bottle and any other tools you may require. It is also recommended you bring money for food and/or fares and your mobile phone.
Children – these rides are not a child minding service. Every rider under the age of 18 must be under the direct supervision of a parent/guardian. The parent/guardian must watch and control their children for the duration of the ride. The parent/guardian agrees to take full and sole responsibility for their children’s safety. Please contact the Ride Leader in advance to discuss the suitability of a ride for your children.
Feedback can be sent to email@example.com
- This event has passed.
May 24 @ 8:45 am - 12:45 pm
From Tuggerah Station, we head South then East on quiet back roads and shared paths to The Entrance where we cross The Entrance bridge and head North on the Bike Lane of the Central Coast Hwy to Toukley where we rejoin the waterfront track to the Gorokan Bridge then quiet rural back roads through the sleepy suburbs of Wyongah, Tuggarawong, Rocky Point and Tacoma where we join the Wyong River which we follow into Wyong Station where the ride can finish for those that so desire.
The route then follows the Pacific Hwy South for 1 km before joining a dedicated bike track for another 1.5 km back to Tuggerah Station and the train back to Hornsby.
Because this is a well known recreational area, there are numerous rest areas along the route equipped with cafes, toilets and water.
The route is along mostly quiet back roads with the exception of the Central Coast Hwy bike lane where there is sometimes fast moving traffic. We have the option here of using a shared path adjacent to the Highway for much of its length until Toukley where we rejoin rural back roads again.
There are minimal climbs along this route with a total height gain of 200
Notes: PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED – cancelled if raining – M 0428 150 453 no voice mail – riders over 18 years of age only – the ride will start after the arrival of the train that leaves Hornsby at 7.23 am
Pre-registration required through the Bike North website link