Please read before proceeding
Cycling can be an enjoyable and exciting activity. However, like many recreational activities that require physical exertion, cycling carries with it the risk of physical injury. The risks associated with cycling include the risk that:
- you may be involved in a collision with people, animals, objects and/or vehicles;
- you may lose your balance;
- you may suffer from the effects of heat, cold, wind, rain and other weather conditions;
- you may suffer from physical exertion;
- you may become separated from the cycling group; and
- you may fall from your bicycle.
These risks may result in death, bodily injury, disability, property damage and economic loss. There are other risks to which you may be exposed. You should ensure that you wear appropriate clothing and safety equipment, including a helmet.
By participating in the cycling activities provided by the organising Bicycle NSW Affiliated Bicycle User Group, you agree:
- to obey all Australian and NSW road rules;
- that your bicycle and equipment is in good mechanical order.
- to comply with all directions given to you by Bicycle NSW employees or agents of the organising Bicycle User Group;
- to take full and sole responsibility for any person under the age of 18 years who accompanies you in these cycling activities;
- that you participate at your own risk; that the agreement for services provided to you by the organising Bicycle User Group does not include any implied or express warranty that the services of the organising Bicycle User Group will be rendered with due care and skill or that any materials provided by the organising Bicycle User Group in connection with the cycling activities will be fit for the purpose for which they are supplied;
- that the organising Bicycle User Group has no liability to you for personal injury or death arising from the services that the organising Bicycle User Group provides to you; and
to indemnify organising Bicycle User Group against any claim, loss, damage, liability, cost and expense that may be incurred or sustained by the organising Bicycle User Group in connection with any act, matter or thing done, permitted or omitted to be done by you or which was in any way connected with your involvement in the cycling activities.
An approved Australian Standards helmet is required to be worn on all rides. No helmet, no ride. No exceptions. Please ensure your bike is in good working order and bring a spare tube, a pump, tyre levers, a full water bottle and any other tools you may require. It is also recommended you bring money for food and/or fares and your mobile phone.
Children – these rides are not a child minding service. Every rider under the age of 18 must be under the direct supervision of a parent/guardian. The parent/guardian must watch and control their children for the duration of the ride. The parent/guardian agrees to take full and sole responsibility for their children’s safety. Please contact the Ride Leader in advance to discuss the suitability of a ride for your children.
Feedback can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
BIKEast Cruisy Coastal Sunday
July 5, 2020 @ 8:15 am - 11:15 am
An event every month that begins at 8:15 am on day First of the month, repeating indefinitely
The Cruisy Coastal Sunday Ride (Bondi Jn to LaPa – 35km)
A chilled Sunday morning ride along our fabulous coast. From Bondi Junction to LaPerouse and back again.
Meetup in Tiffany Plaza, Bondi Junction at 8:15am OR 8:40 in the middle of the Promenade at Coogee Beach
We’ll ride along on- and off-road cycleways through some of the most scenic bits of the East:
– Bronte, Coogee, Maroubra, Malabar, Long Bay, Little Bay to La Perouse and Botany Bay.
After a coffee break at Frenchmans Bay we head back through Yarra Bay, Botany, Heffron Park, UNSW, Randwick and Centennial Park to Bondi Junction (ETA 11.30am -ish).
This is a regular ride on the 1st Sunday of each month.
We’ll ride in fine drizzle but not heavy rain – please check Meetup on the morning of the ride for any weather-related updates!
*** Please make sure you UPDATE your RSVP on Meetup if you are not coming as nobody wants to be waiting for a no-show on a beautiful Sunday morning!!! ***