Bare Creek Bike Park, located in Sydney’s Northern Beaches, is opening tomorrow (December 12) at 7am.
Excitingly, the park was built with all skill levels in mind. Less experienced riders can start on the pump track to work on their skills and confidence. From there, they can move to the progression zone, and then the advanced gravity trails.
The Park has:
- Kids track - for little wheels and strider bikes. It’s aimed at encouraging kids to enjoy mountain biking (MTB) from a young age
- Pump track - great for beginners of MTB to learn how to tackle jumps and mounds
- Flow trail - ten interlinked shoulders to head-high berms, ideal to increase MTB skills after the pump track
- Drop zone - a gravity-feed line with 3 different sizes - large, medium and small
- Dirty jumps - perfect for dirt jump & BMX bikes
Toilets, drinking fountains and bike maintenance stations are provided within the park, to ensure riders have the amenities they need.
Forty car parks are available within the complex, with parking overflow available in the surrounding area.
The park is open daily from 7am to 7pm, weather permitting. Be sure to check the Northern Beaches Council Website before heading there.
The park is owned by the Northern Beaches Council, so is open and free for anyone to use. This is a great example of how to rehabilitate a waste management site.
Please keep in mind, the park will be busy at certain times so be aware of other riders around you.
“It is fantastic to see new infrastructure catering for mountain bike riders. It’s a growing part of the bike riding community as it provides safe off road adventures that also gets the adrenaline rushing” said Kim Lavender, Bicycle NSW Communications Manager
“We’re excited to see people flock to the Park to enjoy all of what it has to offer,” said Kim.
You can find out more about the Bare Creek Bike Park here.