Bicycle NSW is committed to
“creating a better environment for cycling”.
- Demonstrating thought-leadership on bicycling and transport-related issues through our project proposals and policy positions.
- Lobbying Government organisations through a variety of actions.
- Communicating the Benefits of Bicycling.
- Promoting bicycling to the widest audience possible through a variety of programs including bicycle events, behaviour change programs and promotional activities.
- Building a directory of valuable bicycle informational resources and an advocacy knowledge base.
- Leveraging networks of like-minded organisations and individuals.
a better environment…
- A culture with significant community support for bicycling.
- Measurably greater participation in bicycling.
- Visible and measurable improvements to infrastructure that supports bicycling such as roads, bicycle paths and end-of-trip facilities (parking, showers, lockers, etc).
- Improved consideration of bicycle users in all policy and planning processes.
- Integration of bicycling with all other modes of transport through appropriate design and policies to encourage multi-modal transport options.
- For all bicycle users and potential bicycle users in NSW.