The Local Knowledge
Check in here for local issues throughout NSW and updates on our work with BUGs, businesses, bike riders, and local and state government bodies
We'll also include be updates from our team in regards to the many projects we are involved in. Bicycle NSW is the key stakeholder representing bike riders in many forums, including regular meetings with RMS, governments and other agencies. Check in regularly for all the news about how we are creating a better environment for cycling locally.
A new road safety plan for NSW is being developed this year to ensure effective actions are in place to meet the Road Safety Strategy 2012-2021 targets for reducing deaths and serious injuries on NSW roads.
The Road Safety Plan 2021 will also position NSW to achieve the longer term target of a zero road toll to support the Future Transport strategy which is being developed this year to establish a 40-year vision for transport in NSW to meet the long-term needs of transport customers.
Safety is a shared responsibility and so input from communities and stakeholders across NSW is critical for developing effective measures to reduce road trauma. We strongly encourage members and friends of Bicycle NSW to participate in the engagement program during May to ensure bike riders and their concerns are well represented.
Development of the Road Safety Plan 2021 will draw on:
- An examination of crash information to understand the factors involved in the crashes in NSW
- Evidence from Australia and worldwide about what has been proven to be effective in saving lives and reducing serious injuries
- Feedback from stakeholders and the NSW community through a statewide consultation program.
During May, bike riders can provide input to the Road Safety Plan 2021 by:
- Attending a two-hour forum – these will be held in:
Wagga Wagga – 10 May
Dubbo – 15 May
Wollongong – 17 May
Parramatta – 18 May
Sydney CBD – 23 May
Newcastle – 24 May
Scone – 29 May
Coffs Harbour – 31 May
- Taking part in an open online discussion forum or web-based survey.
Submission on DA-2017/179 – Cook Cove Southern Precinct