Bicycle Valet Parking
Bicycle NSW and our affiliated Bicycle User Groups understand that people don’t like to ride to events if their bikes aren’t safe.
Valet services ensure that even accessories will not go missing. Riders always appreciate the extra security, the great service and the knowledge that they will receive special attention.
Bicycle NSW Affiliated Bicycle User Group CAMWEST
CAMWEST is a Bicycle NSW affiliated Bicycle User Group (BUG) representing people on bicycles in predominantly the Parramatta, Blacktown, Penrith & Cumberland council areas of Western Sydney.
The BUG seeks to promote and celebrate the use of the bicycle as a healthy and environmentally sustainable means of transport. The BUG believes bicycles can be used as realistic substitutes or augmentation to other transport modes in a number of situations.
Some of the bicycle-related activities that CAMWEST Members are involved in include:
- Contributing to the Open Street Map project
- Bicycle Steering committee at Parramatta Council;
- Bike Valet Parking: Annually at the Australia Day Festivities at Parramatta Park. Also at other festivals around Western Sydney;
- Assistance with the annual Parramatta Ride2Work Day breakfasts;
- Assembly of new bicycles [Paid employment];
- Leading community rides, with Bicycle NSW endorsed ride leaders;
- Volunteering at Bicycle NSW annual events such as Spring Cycle and Gear Up Girl;
- Taking part in the annual Super Tuesday Bike Count;
- Writing letters and submissions to local, state & federal governments advocating for improved cycling infrastructure;
- Involvement with the Parramatta Cycling Without Age Trishaw, including training volunteer 'pilots'.
CAMWEST Free Valet Parking - Australia Day, Parramatta Park
CAMWEST are again offering free bicycle valet parking for those wishing to ride to Parramatta Park to join in the Australia Day festivities between 6am and 12 noon on Thursday, January 26th.
Celebrations will be centred more around the north-west section of the park this year.
Free bicycle valet parking can be located near the corner of West Domain and Long Avenues – opposite the Dairy Cottage.
Some of the displays and activities happening this year for the festivities include a Dairy Cottage Heritage Tour, Historic Racing Car Display, and other free activities.
Visit https://atparramatta.com/australia-day for details. Download your free map of the area, including the bike parking location HERE.
"We’ve been advised that riders will need to dismount and walk the 150m stretch of the main park circuit where the festival is taking place but should be able to ride the rest of the loop. Please note that pedestrian traffic will be higher in some sections and there may be temporary traffic control measures in place. Doing laps of the park is not advised during this period!" said Rob Kemp, CAMWEST Vice President.
Even if you don’t wish to park your bike, contact CAMWEST for a chat and find out what they are up to!
Find out more about Bicycle NSW Membership benefits HERE and about BUGS in your area HERE!